Race limited to 100 Dachshunds and 30 dogs in each weight category.
Registration AND Check-in required to participate in any of the races.
Itinerary (Saturday October 15th, 2022):
12 pm: Dog check-in begins.
2-3 pm: Small dog ANY breed races (0-14 pounds) with trophies awarded for first, second and third place for final heat winners.
3-4 pm: Medium dog ANY breed races (15-45 pounds) with trophies awarded for first, second and third place for final heat winners.
4-5 pm; Large dog ANY breed races (45 pounds and up) with trophies awarded for first, second and third place for final heat winners.
5 until ?: Wiener-dog ONLY races (Dachshunds) with trophies awarded for first, second and third place for final heat winners.
- Registration and Check-in tables open at 12pm. All dogs MUST register either beforehand online or day of race(addition fee will apply) and all dogs MUST check in the day of race at least 20 minutes prior to race time.
- All animals MUST be up to date on vaccines, must be on a leash at ALL times and must be non-aggressive; owner is 100 percent responsible for pets; owners must sign a waiver to participate in any of the activities; and owners MUST pick up after pet or will be asked to leave!
- Dog registration fee is $25.00 (per dog) for PRE-REGISTRATION and $35 for day-of-registration.
- The registration fee (100%) benefits Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida. There will be NO refunds given under any circumstances!
- All dogs participating receive a customized event dog collar charm, a doggy bag with treats and a race day scarf.
- Each race category will have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner with trophies awarded for the final heat.
- Q: When does this event occur?
- A: The Fourth Annual “Running of the Wieners” dog race will be held on Saturday October 15th, 2022 along with the Marker 48 Oktoberfest event.
- Q: When will the dogs race?
A: The dogs will race according to the category they are in. The races for the small category will start at 2 p.m, the medium category at 3p.m, and the large category at 4p.m. The Dachshund-only race will begin at 5:00 p.m. However, the times may be subject to change depending on the amount of dogs that are registered to race.
- Q: Are the races only open to dachshunds?
- A: The races will be open to pure bred Dachshunds as well as three additional categories for ANY breed: small (0-14 pounds), medium (15-45 pounds), and large (46+ pounds). However, the final race of the event will be Dachshund-only.
- Q: How much will it cost to enter my dog(s)?
- A: The registration fee for each dog race is $25.00 per dog for PRE-REGISTRATION and $35.00 per dog for day of registration.
- Q: Where will the registration fee go?
- A: All proceeds raised from this event, including the registration fee, will be donated to Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida.
- Q: What races can I enter my dog into?
- A: Dachshunds may only participate in the Dachshund-only race. Other breeds may only race within their respected weight group (small, medium, or large).
- Q: How many dogs can I enter for the races?
- A: We are not limiting the amount of dogs you may enter, however, we will require 1 owner and 1 handler during the dog race. If you are registering more than 1 dog, please have additional handlers in order to keep track of them.
- Q: How will the races be structured?
- A: The races will be structured depending on the amount of dogs entered for each category. We are expecting to race 8-10 dogs at one time per category. If more than 10 dogs are entered for any category, we will split the amount of dogs racing at one time into equal heats. Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) of each heat will move on to the next race (semi-finals or finals).
- Q: I have a question but this page doesn’t answer it, where can I find out more information about the races?
A: To ask a question not answered here, please visit the Marker 48 Brewing Oktoberfest event page and send us a message. We are very responsive and will answer your question to the best of our ability!